- In Beijing, all highways around the capital have been closed as a safety precaution.
- Local authorities in Dalian have issued a red alert announcing the closure of all airports, sea ports and highways till 1800hrs today (19 December 2016).
- The situation in Tianjin is most severe as highways are closed and the Port of Tianjin has suspended bulk cargo operation until 21 December 2016.
- It is reported that some factories in Hebei, Henan, Shandong, Shaanxi and Shanxi provinces have closed as well.
- Qingdao, at present, is seeing normal operation for both airport and seaport.
Please expect delays in cargo deliveries within Beijing, Dalian and Tianjin areas.
We will monitor the situation and update the network. In the meantime, we seek your patience as we await the lifting of the fog to resume normal operation.
Heavy smog disrupts traffic in north China
Excerpted from ShanghaiDaily.com; Source: Xinhua | December 19, 2016, Monday
AIR pollution worsened on Monday in many parts of northern China, with poor visibility disrupting air and ground traffic.
Tianjin airport said that from 8:30 p.m. Sunday to 10 am Monday they suspended service, leaving 131 flights canceled and 75 delayed.
Meanwhile, all expressways in the northern municipality of Tianjin were closed.